Why should I use hostel widgets?
Would you like to increase direct bookings on your website?
Then show your hostel ratings to your potential guests!
The quality score is one of the main decisive factors when choosing a hostel.
If your visitors cannot see your hostel’s ratings, they will look elsewhere, and you will lose them.
This is why we created free hostel widgets that show your total and detailed ratings.
This way, your online visitors will be more inclined to make a direct booking on your website, and you will save money on commissions.
What kind of widgets are available?
The Total Score widget shows the overall score of a hostel and the number of ratings it is based on.
The Detailed Score shows the various aspects like location, cleanliness, etc. in addition.
The City Badge is available to the top hostels with a total score of 8.5 or above in any given city.
How does it work?
We count the averages of all your scores that we collect from the top hostel booking sites like Hostelworld, Hostelbookers, Hostels.com and others. We even refresh the data automatically for you, you just have to insert a code into your website once.
It is important to insert the full code as it is without modifications. If you alter the code, you will lose the ability to use these free widgets.
How do I add a widget to my website?
1. Go to the Widgets Center
2. Type the name of your hostel into the search bar
3. Click on the Get Widgets button
4. Select your own hostel from the search results
5. Choose the type of widget you want to use
6. Copy the code and paste it in entirety into the source code of your web page.
7. The content will be updated automatically once the widget is installed.
8. IMPORTANT: Do not alter this code as doing so will damage the functionality of the widget.
How can I fix technical problems?
If your widget is broken or not displaying properly, check these troubleshooting tips for help:
1. Make sure the code has not been modified. If you have modified the code, re-copy it from the Widgets Center and paste the non-modified version into your web page. Changing the HTML code may cause the widget to malfunction.
2. Make sure that the code was pasted into the source code of your web page, not the displayable/visual version.
3. Make sure that the page you are posting the widget on contains valid HTML code.
4. Check all code to make sure tags are closed.
What if I have more questions?
Simply click here to write us a message!